Shipping & Returns
Projected Shipping Times
Projected shipping times are indicated on the product pages for some new items and backordered items. We process orders within 24 hours of being placed Monday - Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm PST. Orders placed on the weekends will be processed on Monday.
Orders Over 25 lbs
For orders over 25 lbs, buyers will be charged actual shipping rates. These orders must be approved manually, so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the request.
Major carriers include USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL
Estimated Transit Times
- Standard (U.S. Domestic) / 3 - 5 business days
- Expedited (U.S. Domestic) / 2 - 4 business days
International rates are DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid), meaning the customer is responsible for taxes and duties. All international shipments are sent via standard shipping routes, but international customers can opt to receive a delivery confirmation for an additional fee. Sometimes the delivery confirmation option can streamline deliveries.
A Few Things to Consider
- Orders will be held until all items are in stock. Items may not ship together, but they will ship at the same time.
- Rates are determined based on weight. Rate estimates will be provided for all packages over 25 lbs and buyers will be responsible for the actual price. Orders will not be finalized until shipping estimates are approved by the buyer.
- Orders will be processed within one full business day of receipt.
- The pickup day does not count as a day in transit. Expedited shipments may take an additional business day.
- We are not responsible for carrier shipping delays.
- A valid address is required.
- UPS does not ship or deliver on weekends.
- When your order is placed, you will receive a confirmation email. When items are fulfilled, you will also receive an email with your tracking information.
- Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.
- All orders shipping within the state of Utah are subject to sales tax.
- We only accept returns on items that are damaged or shipped incorrectly. A Return Merchant Authorization Number (RMA#) must be requested from The House That Lars Built before items may be shipped back to our facility. Place the RMA# on the outside of the box, adjacent to or on the shipping label.
- Art prints are made to order and are non-returnable. If your order arrives defective or damaged, please let us know within 48 hours.
- Claims for damaged items by the carrier must be reported to us within 24 hours of receiving package. If at all possible, please take photo of box and item (if opened). Save all materials as the carrier may require it, before item is picked up and returned.
- The RMA# is valid for 15 days. Items *MUST* be returned within those 15 days. A return address will be provided when the RMA# issued.
- Please be aware that it is your responsibility to insure that shipments are returned – we do not track expired RMA#.
- Please be advised that all credits are issued at the end of each week. Your refund for the damaged item will be credited to the same card used to make the original purchase. Refunds are for product only and do not include initial shipping cost. Please allow 7-10 business days for the bank to post the refund to your account.
- All downloadable files (patterns, templates & printables) are non-refundable and non-returnable.
Unclaimed/Refused PackagesThe House That Lars Built is not responsible for unclaimed or refused packages. In the event that a package gets returned to us due to refusal, we will issue credit, less a 15% restocking fee.